How can I maintain internal peace with so much turmoil around me?

David Miller
In brief: Breathe
This is an important question with which we all struggle to some degree.
For many people, prayer is an important source of internal peace. For others, relaxation exercises such as yoga and tai chi are helpful. If you are finding that you have anxiety that you can't shake, you should share that with your doctor to see if they have some other ways to help you.

In brief: Breathe
David Miller
David Miller
Answer assisted by David Miller, Medical Student
Dr. Maritza Baez
In brief: Stay active
Exercise is a great way to relieve stress.
Your body releases endorphins during exercise, which can help you feel calm. If you exercise 30 - 60 minutes a day, your stress levels can improve. When stressed, take 5 slow, deep breaths with your eyes closed, then roll your shoulders forward 5 times, then back 5 times. This will slow your heart rate and release tension in your neck and shoulders.

In brief: Stay active
Dr. Maritza Baez
Dr. Maritza Baez