Why do I feel like i'm kind of awake when i'm dreaming- I can't tell if they're dreams or not?

Dr. Syed H. Sajid

In brief: Dissociation

It is possible that you might be in a dissociative state, which can be experienced as both awake and dream like feeling.
For example dissociative amnesia, dissociative fuge or dissociative identity disorder.

In brief: Dissociation

Dr. Syed H. Sajid
Dr. Syed H. Sajid
Dr. Horacio Capote

In brief: You could be both

You may be having hypnogogic phenomena.
That is starting to wake up while still dreaming or starting to dream before you're fully asleep. It's not dangerous & usually transient. Perhaps there's been a recent change in your sleep pattern. Just sticking to basics, like no coffee or nicotine in the late evening should help.

In brief: You could be both

You may be having hypnogogic phenomena.
Dr. Horacio Capote
Dr. Horacio Capote
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine