What can I expect taking the emsam patch?

Dr. Mark Reynolds

In brief: Well tolerated

Everyone is different.
I have had many people on the Emsam patch and have not had any difficulty with dietary interactions. At 6 mg/24 hours there is no fda warning. At 9 & 12 there is but the amount of tyramine containing food you would need to ingest to have an issue is huge. Most tolerate it very well. Avoiding cold preps can be a pain this time of year. Patch site irritation is usually mild.

In brief: Well tolerated

Everyone is different.
Dr. Mark Reynolds
Dr. Mark Reynolds
Dr. Robert Gerstman

In brief: Adhere to diet

All medications take 1-6 weeks to work.
From my experience patients still needed to adhere to MAO diet even though the selling point of the base dose was that one would not need to. But my patients needed.

In brief: Adhere to diet

All medications take 1-6 weeks to work.
Dr. Robert Gerstman
Dr. Robert Gerstman