How can I deal with a son with tourette's, ocd, adhd, oppositional defiant disorder and intermittent explosive disorder?

Dr. Rudolf Brutoco
Pediatrics - Psychiatry

In brief: Get expert help

Your son is very complex.
So the meds will be too. But don't think of him as all these separate disorders. He really is 1 person w/ 1 complicated mental health dysfunction manifesting with symptoms of these various textbook diagnoses. I start with treatment of 1 problem, then move on to other issues. Each issue improved, makes the next problem easier to solve. He needs some success, and so do you.

In brief: Get expert help

Your son is very complex.
Dr. Rudolf Brutoco
Dr. Rudolf Brutoco
Dr. Andres R Villar
Aproper diagnosis,and treatment course deliniated by an experienced child psychiatrist is of outmost importance.These children require a level of expert care that escapes most primary care docs.Start with the problem that is causing the greatest morbidity..be supportive
Dr. Mark Diamond

In brief: See a Specialist

When a child has a very complex set of problems, seeing a specialist, a doctor qualified through education, training and experience, is the best course of action.
When someone , even a doctor, proposes a " simple fix" for the complexities, ask yourself why all the other professionals do use the " simple answer" and that is because they usually do not work.

In brief: See a Specialist

Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Pediatrics - Developmental & Behavioral

In brief: You need a QB

The triad of tourette's, adhd & OCD is pretty common.
Medication management used to be tough; even though he probably needs more than one medication, there are safe combinations now. It's coordination of medical, therapeutic, educational & family -support services for which you need a quarterback. Contact www.Tsa-usa.Org for guidance & tell your insurance company you need a case manager.

In brief: You need a QB

Dr. Johanna Fricke
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Dr. Mary Ann Block
General Practice

In brief: Many ways

I have had success with this combination of problems without using psychiatric drugs.
At the block center we look for the underlying cause which can be diet, nutritional deficiencies, allergies, processing problems or many other medical and educational problems.

In brief: Many ways

Dr. Mary Ann Block
Dr. Mary Ann Block
Dr. Carla Enriquez
no self promotion allowed , doc