I have a happy life but I feel like i'm just a hamster on a wheel, take depression meds but what else can I do?

Dr. Pamela Pappas

In brief: Meds can't fix this

Medications are made to manage symptoms, not cure conditions.
And what you have will not be reached by medications alone. I agree with dr. Ali about the need for psychotherapy here -- a chance to look deeply at why you're feeling like "a hamster on a wheel, " & what you want to about this. Tv commercials suggest that medications alone will fix our problems. Dig deep in yourself; find therapist.

In brief: Meds can't fix this

Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Alan Ali

In brief: Depressed

Psychotherapy along with meds.
Is more beneficial for depression.

In brief: Depressed

Psychotherapy along with meds.
Is more beneficial for depression.
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Albert Pizzo

In brief: Happy but........

Set upon a course of action to self improvement to discover why you feel the way you do.
Read books, listen to appropriate cds , talk to professionals, and spend a lot of time in the library. Ask a lot of questions. Be inquisitive and search for answers. Expand your faith based feelings. Learn to be self reliant and learn to believe in yourself.

In brief: Happy but........

Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified, Family Medicine