Why do I keep going back to my abusive husband?

Dr. Ana Adelstein
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Deserve Long Answer!

For list of reasons that compel abused partners to stay in an abusive relationship, see: http://bit.
Ly/rk7vbk. For an in-depth exploration see http://bit.Ly/126mgcj.

In brief: Deserve Long Answer!

Dr. Ana Adelstein
Dr. Ana Adelstein
Dr. Traci Seidman
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Intermittant Reinforcement

You may be receiving sporadic reinforcement from your husband.
This type of reinforcement schedule creates the most difficult habits/behaviors to break. In short, it may feel bad when he's bad, but by comparison it feels really good when he's good. It's a dangerous roller coaster - best to get out!

In brief: Intermittant Reinforcement

Dr. Traci Seidman
Dr. Traci Seidman
Dr. Alan Ali

In brief: Abusive

Psychotherapy with a counselor experienced in working with co-dependency issues helps.

In brief: Abusive

Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Gerald Bausek

In brief: Abuse

Asking yourself that question is the first step to treating yourself better and getting help.
You want love but sadly have come to believe that abuse is love and all you deserve. These mistaken inner beliefs are related to depression. Please see if you find a willingness inside to treat yourself better and work with a therapist to treat your depression.

In brief: Abuse

Dr. Gerald Bausek
Dr. Gerald Bausek
Dr. Vasu Brown
Wound care

In brief: Read this book

I love this book called "when love goes wrong" by ann jones.
She interviewed women in abusive relationship this might help you. Know there is a difference between abuse and dysfunctional - by saying you are abused throws your power away and make you a victim. Instead make conscious choice of being in a relationship that is dysfunctional if you need read my book on dysfunctional family.

In brief: Read this book

Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Vasu Brown

In brief: Addiction?

Are you addicted to the passion & chaos of the relationship? Sometimes what people define as "love" is actually "addiction".
Even relationships can be addictive. Abuse is not ok. I hope you come to realize that you don't derserve to be abused & love yourself enough to leave. Take care.

In brief: Addiction?

Dr. Joan Kinlan

In brief: You love him.

It's very hard to leave an abusive husband-easier to leave an abusive boyfriend.
Often you have children and are staying for the sake of the children. Consider counselling and maybe you could get him to go too.

In brief: You love him.

Dr. Joan Kinlan
Dr. Joan Kinlan