Could traumatic events spur a psoriasis spell?

There are no good research studies that prove a relationship between stress and psoriasis flares.
However both patients and psoriasis experts have noted that there is likely a connection. Many of my patients have noticed psoriasis flares with increasing stress. The flares only serve to add to their stress. Stress reduction is always a good thing so in many ways it is a moot question.

Dr. Susan Uhrich

Emotional triggers do aggravate psoriasis.
So lowering you stress levels will be good for your psoriasis.

Dr. Susan Uhrich
Dr. Susan Uhrich
Dr. Andrew Berry
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Anxiety

Often anxiety is a comorbid diagnsosis with psoriasis, which is to say that people with excessive and/or prolonged anxiety may be at higher risk for psoriais.
Condier getting a referral to a reputable psychotherapist to help better manage your anxiety.

In brief: Anxiety

Dr. Andrew Berry
Dr. Andrew Berry