Is there anything I can take other than ritalin (methylphenidate) to help stay awake and focused?

Dr. William Singer
Pediatrics - Neurology
In brief: Getting proper sleep
Are you getting sufficient sleep or are you not getting restorative sleep.
If you are not getting restorative sleep talk to your doctor about a sleep study. If there are no medical reasons for your tiredness and a sleep study is normal, then medications such as Provigil or Nuvigil may be helpful.

In brief: Getting proper sleep
Dr. William Singer
Dr. William Singer
Dr. Theodore Cole
In brief: Why
My first question is why can't you stay awake and focused? If there's a problem, best to get checked out and treat the cause.
Healthy people don't need to rely on stimulants to perform. Any stimulant, from caffeine to amphetamines, can keep you awake. But, they all have side effects as well and can damage your health, so use with caution.

In brief: Why
Dr. Theodore Cole
Dr. Theodore Cole
Dr. Alan Ali
In brief: Focus
Other stimulants such as Adderall, Vyvanse, (lisdexamfetamine) Provigil.

In brief: Focus
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
There is multiple other options, and also a thorough, comprehensive diagnosis might show very easy to correct causes of this problem.

Dr. Carlos Satulovsky
Dr. Carlos Satulovsky
Dr. Eric Weisman