Is traditional chinese medicine effective compared to regular medicine?

Dr. Valencia Porter
Holistic Medicine

In brief: Depends

Chinese medicine can be an effective treatment for many things.
For certain health issues it may be more effective, for others it may be equal but with differing side effects, and for still others western medicine may be more effective.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Valencia Porter
Dr. Valencia Porter
2 comments
Dr. Wm. Marcus Spurlock
An integrative approach to medicine is usually ideal and incorporated medical wisdom from many areas
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
Great collaboration. Wishing you'all the best.

In brief: Both have strengths

I agree with dr. Porter. A wise provider will integrate the best from the east with the best of the west.
They can often complement each other well. I believe tcm is superior for treatment of some conditions. Western medicine incorporates knowledge and research learned well after tcm was conceived & thus offers many things that tcm does not.

In brief: Both have strengths