I have a large internal hemroid. What are my treatment options? Please be as specific as you can in your answer.

In brief: Fiber/stool softners

These are typically caused by straining with bowel movements.
Increasing dietary fiber will help with softening the stools.If you can't achieve this with fiber alone, you can add a stool softener/laxative like miralax (polyethylene glycol).You want soft stools that occur w/o straining.If you have rectal bleeding you need to visit your doctor to make sure this is the correct diagnosis.An office procedure can help too.

In brief: Fiber/stool softners

Dr. Robin Watson
Dr. Robin Watson
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine