How do I get my mother to move more to prevent bed sores?

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Get pulleys

Consult with a physical therapist about a device she can have in her bed to help her turn or seat, otherwise somebody else have to move her q 2 hours.
Wear pillows between legs, also protect heels with heel pads wrapped, wear elastic support stockings to prevent swelling and clots in the legs. Provide all sorts of help to walk: walkers. Explain it is critical to keep moving. Decubitus sores kill.

In brief: Get pulleys

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Scott Bolhack
Wound care

In brief: Pressure Ulcer Rx

There is no way to get around the burden of being a 'pest'.
I just want to support you in that reminders to shift weight off of dependent areas is the best prevention for injury.

In brief: Pressure Ulcer Rx

Dr. Scott Bolhack
Dr. Scott Bolhack
Dr. Marsha Davis