What family should I include in my end of life discussions?

Dr. Scott Bolhack
Wound care

In brief: End of life

You should include as many people as you wish.
The more the family and extended family is aware of your wishes, the less the potential guilt, confusion, and ambivalence that your loved ones may have when the critical decisions are ready to be made. There are cultural and psychosocial issues that you may have related to whom you will include.

In brief: End of life

Dr. Scott Bolhack
Dr. Scott Bolhack
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Whoever u trust

Include relatives that you trust for example your spouse -unless u do not get along-, your closest and or nearest child.
If you do not have neither one then the closest relative or someone you may authorize to be your health care surrogate or power of attorney.

In brief: Whoever u trust

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Adam Smith