When should I talk to my parents about end of life decisions?

Dr. Joseph Roosth

In brief: Anytime

Shortest answer is anytime.
Do you want to be kept alive with machines when there is no hope for recovery, fed with a tube in the stomach, and who do you want to make your decisions if there come a time when you cannot? What are your hopes and goals for your older age years? These are tough decisions and should be given time to consider, so anytime is a great time.

In brief: Anytime

Shortest answer is anytime.
Dr. Joseph Roosth
Dr. Joseph Roosth
Dr. Eddie Nakhuda
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Early

The earlier the better when they are being realistic of their decisions also having a power of attorny & knowing their wishes frequently helpful.

In brief: Early

Dr. Eddie Nakhuda
Dr. Eddie Nakhuda
Dr. Keegan Duchicela