How can I talk to my aunt about end of life decisions?

Danielle Jones

In brief: Directly, before ill

End of life decisions are extremely important in people of all ages and health conditions.
The best way to approach these matters is directly - it is important to discuss these matters open and honestly with our close family members. Printing out advanced directive paperwork to discuss (and review, sign, & witness) is a good place to start this conversation. Hospitals have staff to help with ad's.

In brief: Directly, before ill

Danielle Jones
Danielle Jones
Answer assisted by Danielle Jones, Medical Student
Dr. Eddie Nakhuda
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Ask

Choose proper time & moment & mention others like friends or family & try to get herfeeling & wishes.
Mention cases where people did not have directives & became subject to measures they would have otherwise declined or consented.

In brief: Ask

Dr. Eddie Nakhuda
Dr. Eddie Nakhuda
Dr. Steven Seres