How can I talk to my husband about his end of life decisions?

Danielle Jones

In brief: Directly

End of life decisions are extremely important in people of all ages and health conditions.
The best way to approach these matters is directly - it is important not only for you to find out what his end of life wishes are, but for you to inform him of yours. Printing out advanced directives paperwork to discuss is a good place to start for initiating this conversation.

In brief: Directly

Danielle Jones
Danielle Jones
Answer assisted by Danielle Jones, Medical Student
Dr. Anthony Back
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: Say it will help you

One other factor to bring up is that spouses often find it very difficult to make decisions if they haven't had input.
Tell him: i want to do the right thing for you, and i know it would be much easier for me if we could talk about this once or twice.

In brief: Say it will help you

Dr. Anthony Back
Dr. Anthony Back
Dr. Eddie Nakhuda
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Delicately

Please see my answer to aurora.

In brief: Delicately

Please see my answer to aurora.
Dr. Eddie Nakhuda
Dr. Eddie Nakhuda
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine