How can I handle my stress as a caregiver?

Dr. Horacio Capote
In brief: Care for Yourself
It's easy as a caretaker to lose sight of your own health.
In fact, the average caretaker runs the risk of having his/her own health problems. Thus, it is imperative that you get good sleep, exercise, and nutrition. Make some time for your own recreation as well. Rather than feeling guilty, recognize that the more emotional & physical health you have, the more you will have to give your loved one.

In brief: Care for Yourself
Dr. Horacio Capote
Dr. Horacio Capote
Dr. Maritza Baez
In brief: Stay active
Exercise is a great way to relieve stress.
Your body releases endorphins during exercise, which can help you feel calm. If you exercise 30 - 60 minutes a day, your stress levels can improve. When stressed, take 5 slow, deep breaths with your eyes closed, then roll your shoulders forward 5 times, then back 5 times. This will slow your heart rate and release tension in your neck and shoulders.

In brief: Stay active
Dr. Maritza Baez
Dr. Maritza Baez
Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine
In brief: Care for yourself
I fully agree with dr. Capote.
Seek support from friends, family & professionals. Find others to assist in caregiving so you have time for yourself. Exercise, prayer & meditation can help. Magnesium, b vits & adaptogenic herbs like ashwagandha & tulsi tea are useful in helping one cope with stress listening to music can reduce stress and that is something you can do even while being a caregiver.

In brief: Care for yourself
I fully agree with dr. Capote.
Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Steven Seres