How can I handle caring for my husband when I myself am starting to need advanced care?

Social service help. Contact either the city social services or the hospital where your husband was last seen and the social service dept. Can be of great assistance.
Go see your doctor. Each patient and family is different with different medical issues and different insurance. You should start by contacting your doctor and insurance and a social worker at your local hospital. If you have a chronic diseaase sometimes there are organizations out there with more information. Start the process.