How can I get my parent to be excited spending the holiday in the nursing home?

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Check with NH staff

Check with the staff at the nursing home which activities they will have, which food is going to be served.
Find with local churches or non profit organizations which religious services, concerts, dinners or activities they may offer to that nursing home. Find what your parents would appreciate at the nursing home & discuss with the staff t the nursing home.

In brief: Check with NH staff

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Jon Ahrendsen

In brief: Be there with them

Much depends on why they are in the nursing home now.
Did they have a stroke and now there are some things that they just can't do? You could help them a lot, by telling them, i will be here every _____ days to visit you.

In brief: Be there with them

Dr. Jon Ahrendsen
Dr. Jon Ahrendsen
Dr. Marsha Davis