How can I get my mother to eat more in the nursing home?

Slow and Steady. Elderly often need a lot more time to complete a meal, so the old adage patience is a virtue never holds truer. Medications such as mitrazepine and megasterol can be considered with her doctor's approval. Matching diet consistencies with people's abilities such as lack of teeth, inability to chew are important considerations. Facility dieticians are often a great resource to tap into.
Patients & trial. Remove dietary restrictions, frequent feedings, finger foods & preferred menus should help. Appetite stimulants not generally helpful.