Who should I go to first when I need help in caregiving?

Family/friends. Seek the support of your family and friends and see if anyone can provide assistance. You can also contact the physician involved in the care, to see if there are other services that may offer help, like respite services and home health agencies for companion support. There are also private organizations that are able to provide assistance.