Will my spirituality give me false hope when I am caregiving?

Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
In brief: Depends
This depends on the strength of your spirituality.
If you doubt yourself this is an area you should seek a mentor for guidance in before you try to discuss it with patients that may depend on you for emotional stability. If you cannot be their rock; then don't try until you can.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
This is very good advice.
Dr. Pamela Pappas
In brief: It depends
Some people pray for specific outcomes, like cure of illness.
They feel that if they're favored by spirit, and they're doing the prayers correctly, the desired outcome must occur. If it doesn't, there's extreme disappointment and shaken faith. While we may be able support others through prayer, we're not in control of specific outcomes. "false hope" might be if we contend that we are in charge.

In brief: It depends
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Steven Seres