How can my spirituality help me in caregiving?

Dr. Pamela Pappas

In brief: Peace amidst pain

Caregiving brings many intense situations and feelings; it can also be exhausting.
A suffering person can be difficult to care for. Also, the care you're giving may not seem to be making a difference in his/her clinical course. Attending to your spirituality can keep you connected with peace -- even in the midst of distress, pain, and not understanding "why" things are happening as they are.

In brief: Peace amidst pain

Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Donald Hazlett

In brief: Most certainly!

It's safe to say most folks would concede they do have a spiritual side.
We each choose our own beliefs about our spiritual side, a side often forgotten in the helping professions. All care givers should try to be aware of that side as they go about the daily work of giving care. Success is best when all aspects of our humanity are addressed.

In brief: Most certainly!

Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Donald Hazlett