How can prayer help me as a caregiver?

In brief: Absolutely
A recent conchrane reveiw on prayer andsurgery failed to conclude that prayer can improve medical outcomes, however, there is evidence that it can affect you as a care giver and the relationship you have with patients.
Read the article in the american journal of surgery march 2011 on this topic (there is a link on my profile).

In brief: Absolutely
Dr. Donn Schroder
Dr. Donn Schroder
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics
In brief: Pray always
From praying (communicating with god or a supreme spiritual being) you can get motivation for your sacrifice.
You can remember how others have coped with similar situations while you pray , reading spiritual books (your preferred sacred book bible, coran or alike) or while you meditate. There is some scientific evidence that meditation changes the physiology of the body against stress.

In brief: Pray always
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Pedro Hernandez