Can anemia during pregnancy harm the fetus? I’m four months pregnant and was just diagnosed with anemia. Could this be harming my unborn child? .

Possible, unlikely. Maternal anemia is grossly overdiagnosed during pregnancy in the U.S.; british studies have proven that the best maternal hemoglobin is 9-11 g/dl as a nadir around 28 weeks. If you are in that range you and the baby are just fine. I would get concerned if this gets below 8-9 g/dl and try oral iron supplementation. Consider electrophoresis if never done before to exclude hemoglobinopathies.
No. If it is mild degree of anemia, then taking oral iron pills can help correct it. If it is a very severe degree of anemia, it can sometimes affect the baby's growth, and if oral iron pills aren't enough to help correct the anemia, a referral to a hematologist can be made, and they can give IV iron treatments to help.