How can I schedule in my sleep when I want to be there for my husband constantly as a caregiver?

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics
In brief: Sleep at same time
Try to sleep when he is sleeping.
Make sure he does not sleep during the day time, orherwise he wont sleep at night. He must sleep only at night. First attempt natural remedies to sleep ( valeriana, melatonin, tilo tea, sleepy time tea etc. ) or over the counter old antihistamines -if not present narrow angle glaucoma or bladder obstruction- before considering pills to sleep.

In brief: Sleep at same time
Try to sleep when he is sleeping.
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Ranji Varghese
Internal Medicine - Sleep Medicine
In brief: We make choices
We are constantly pulled in different directions and it nice that you want to be helpful for you husband.
However, sleep is very important to a persons health and taking care of yourself will allow you to have emotional and mental resources to better help your husband. If he is open, discuss what your needs are. Maybe he doesn't need a caregiver but a wife who is awake and healthy.

In brief: We make choices
Dr. Ranji Varghese
Dr. Ranji Varghese
Dr. Marsha Davis