How can I get my husband to care more for my disabled child when he is stressed about the situation?

Dr. William Singer
Pediatrics - Neurology
In brief: Counseling
I recommend you and your husband enter couples counseling to address your concerns and better understand your husband's feelings.

In brief: Counseling
Dr. William Singer
Dr. William Singer
In brief: Best I can suggest:
Reframe the question as: "how can my husband and i best care for each other and for our disabled child, and reduce the stress we are all under because of this situation?" - and i think the answers will come more easily then.

In brief: Best I can suggest:
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
General Practice
In brief: Mindfulness
There are many books on mindfulness and dealing with stress and anxiety.

In brief: Mindfulness
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
Dr. Eric Chevlen
It's difficult to change oneself, and nearly impossible to change others. It may prove more fruitful to consider how you can better tolerate him as he is.
Dr. Cindy Juster