How could having disability change how people look at me?

Dr. Allen Fein

In brief: Join the crowd, Be +

Most of us have had disabilities at one time or another. Certain disabilities are more altering for ourselves, and for the people that we come in contact with.
I am now on partial disability for a heart attack. First, get a handle on your own preconceptions of what your disability is doing to you (physically, emotionally, socially), and then think about what baggage others bring along into play.

In brief: Join the crowd, Be +

Dr. Allen Fein
Dr. Allen Fein
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: Look within

It probably matters more how you look at yourself if you have a disability.
There are literally millions of people who carry on normal lives with a disability. There will always be some people who feel uncomfortable around people with disabilities but that is their problem, not yours. Don't worry about what other people think; difficult to change others.

In brief: Look within

Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine