How can I get people in the public to respect disabled parking?

Dr. Kenneth Cheng
In brief: Common problem
This is a very common problem in all communities.
Although you could call the local police each time you see it happen, this may or may not effect change for the community at-large. It might be better to get community engagement through a public awareness campaign with the help of the local newspaper or shopping mall mailer. Unfortunately, the inconsiderate will remain inconsiderate.

In brief: Common problem
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: You can't
Unfortunately in this life we can really only control the things that we as individuals do.
You cannot control what other people do. I would not advise confronting people who park in disabled parking spaces illegally. This can turn ugly. If you see a vehicle without a sticker or placard parked in disabled parking, you can alert the police or security if it is at a mall but let them handle it.

In brief: You can't
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine