How can I get people in the public to help me as a disabled person?

Dr. ISRAEL GRINBERG
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: Noni....
It is not good to make people feel sorry for you.
..You must try to do it by yourself and demonstrate that beside the disability you can!

In brief: Noni....
Dr. ISRAEL GRINBERG
Dr. ISRAEL GRINBERG
Differentiate that which you can accomplish with that which is not possible. Strive to be as independent as possible. You may need to ask for help if there are things which you don't have the capacity to do.
Dr. Donald Hazlett
In brief: Most want to help
But feel awkward offering the help.
Maybe it's a fear of offending a persons dignity or self sufficiency that causes that to happen. There are ways to put people at ease so they are more willing to help. Giving a smile or friendly words of greeting when possible helps people respond. Smiles and laughter, kind words are contagious and a positive outlook never hurts. That encourages people.

In brief: Most want to help
But feel awkward offering the help.
Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Pam Yoder
Thanks again, Dr Hazlett!
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine