What are first steps I need to take when I find out my wife is will be disabled?

Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: Discuss with MD
The first step is to discuss your wifes condition with her md.
Her md should be able to tell you what to expect. Also her md should be able to coordinate care with various rehabilitation professionals who will be able to help both of you. Good luck.

In brief: Discuss with MD
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Christopher Coller
In brief: Pray
Depending on what has taken place, disabilities can take a tremendous emotional and spiritual toll on patients and family.
Though uncustomary (and my opinion), i believe prayer is powerful and important for going through such hard times. I would also talk with your doc about resources such as social workers/case workers, physical therapy, home adaptations, or other services that may be helpful.

In brief: Pray
Dr. Christopher Coller
Dr. Christopher Coller
Dr. Shontae Buffington