How can I help my wife who is recently disabled without feeling overwhelmed?

Dr. Bassam Amawi

In brief: It is not easy ,

But u r obligated to do that.
And u need to remember that she would have done the same to u if u were the disabled . If u have close family members that can help , ask for help. May god be with you.

In brief: It is not easy ,

But u r obligated to do that.
Dr. Bassam Amawi
Dr. Bassam Amawi
Dr. Joseph Hermann

In brief: Listen

Probably the number one thing she needs is understanding how her disability affects her and her fears about the rest of her life.
This is a good time to learn how to empathize with people, a skill that doesn't come naturally to all of us. Empathy helps the other person open up and realize their own fears and concerns.

In brief: Listen

Dr. Joseph Hermann
Dr. Joseph Hermann
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Board Certified, Family Medicine