What resources can I seek that will help my disabled child from afar if I live in a small town?

In brief: First contact school
School systems are great resources reguardless of the town size because of their interest in providing services to kids & their need to comply with various service requirements to maintain funding for their programs.
They should know what is available and meet with you & your child to come up with a plan for services. Regional advocacy or co-opps may meet this need.

In brief: First contact school
Dr. Paul Cohen
In brief: Depends
That depends upon where you live, exactly.
Services available depend greatly upon the region in which you live; the number of people with disabilities populating that area; and most importantly, the level of services that have grown up within that region to service that population. There is such a variation of service availability spread across the country; let alone the globe..Utilitze the web!

In brief: Depends
Dr. Paul Cohen
Dr. Paul Cohen