If I stopped crack before I conceived my son, was this still the reason for his disability?

In brief: No clear answer
Since the boy was not exposed after conception there is no clear answer.You are born with a set nbr of eggs that are all you have- ever, you do not get a redo.
Eggs injured over your lifetime are less likely to fertalize but may. Other companion drugs or alcohol and diet are important factors. If you were clean at conception & avoiding other drugs, my gut feeling is crack wasn't the cause.

In brief: No clear answer
Dr. Paul Cohen
Unfortunately; and there is no easy way to put this, but most likely yes.
I am sorry to hear that your child is affected, but given the very serious nature of "crack" and the myriad of adverse effects it has been known to have on pregnant women and their unborn fetuses...This is most likely what transpired in this case. The focuses should now be on your being "clean"; and helping your child.

Dr. Paul Cohen
Dr. Paul Cohen
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine