Can my previous crack usage have contributed to my sons disability?

Dr. Mark Diamond

In brief: Unfortunately Yes

There are a variety of substances that if taken during pregnancy may affect brain and neurological development of the developing fetus in a negative way.
This may lead to a variety of neuromuscular and delays. This includes crack, heroin , alcohol, and even some presription medications.The less you have to take, the better!

In brief: Unfortunately Yes

Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Bryan Levey

Yes.
Using crack as well as a multitude of other substances can potentially effect how a child develops, learns and grows. Other common substances with known effects include alcohol, tobacco, other forms of cocaine, and a huge list of over the counter and prescription medications. Different substances effect children in different ways. I urge you to talk to your son's doctor about this.

Yes.
Dr. Bryan Levey
Dr. Bryan Levey
Dr. Jack Hinkle
Board Certified, Family Medicine