How do I determine to get an abortion or not when my child has tested positive for a disability?

Dr. George Klauber
Pediatrics - Urology

In brief: Difficult to answer

Dr amster's advice is good.
My suggestion is to discuss the problem with a geneticicist plus a medical pediatric or pediatric surgical sub-specialist taking are of the type of disability your child would have. Then it is up to you and child's father to make a decision which of course needs should take into account child's probable quality of life as well as impact on your entire family. Not easy.

In brief: Difficult to answer

Dr amster's advice is good.
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. Michael Amster

In brief: No good answer

This is one of those awful decisions nobody wants to make, and there are a lot of personal beliefs involved.
A couple things to think about before you decide. 1. The tests aren't always right. Sometimes ones for down's syndrome or spinal cord defects aren't accurate, or the ultrasound showed something that wasn't there. 2. The range of the disability is vast, could be life threatening, maybe not.

In brief: No good answer

Dr. Michael Amster
Dr. Michael Amster
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Radiation Oncology

In brief: Is is that your

Developing fetus or already living child is disabled? The former would perhaps be described as possesing a genetic defect.
In addition to your beliefs, you need to inquire what the child's life would be like, and would you be able to love and care for the child with those specific problems. No one can probe your heart and soul for these answers better thn you and your mate, or those that will help.

In brief: Is is that your

Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham