How can learning disabilities lead to poor social skills?

In brief: Poor self image

I don't remember how many teens I have seen over the years who want me to clear up their acne for prom --in 3 days--.
All of us feel vulnerable at times and those who have an ld feel more vulnerable than those teens because it sets them apart during a period when they are building self concept.A sense of vulnerability may lead to isolation & desire to avoid additional exposure to failure.

In brief: Poor self image

In brief: They go together

Both ways, peer rejection might provide early traumatic experiences, and poor performance will lead to it.
It is a vicious circle, one of the conceptual basis that justify to place learning disabled kids in classes with their peers with similar difficulties.

In brief: They go together

Dr. Cindy Juster