Can you qualify for disability with Crohn's disease?

Dr. Danny Proffitt

In brief: Possibly

If your crohn's is such that it is not controlled medically or surgically and it keeps your from being gainfully employed then you may have a case for filing for disability.
Will this be lifelong? Have your been fully diagnosed and treated to the maximum? There are guidelines for disability and you have to meet those. I hope you don't have to file. Get treated the max and lead a normal life.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Carol Van der Harst
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: No

This is usually considered a treatable condition, not qualifying for disability.
If you have a professional job, seek short term disabiity insurance in the private market. Occasionally crohn's requires time off work for surgery and you want to have sufficient savings or coverage to plan for this.

In brief: No

Dr. Carol Van der Harst
Dr. Carol Van der Harst