How do I know which disability aids to purchase?

Rehab specialist. See a physiatrist, an md or do who is a specialist in rehabilitation can can help you with this. He/she may refer you to see a physical or occupational therapist or both who can help you with decisions on what equipment would be best for you.
Ask your MD. Ask your physician they will know which ones to guide you to or who to talk to.