How can I handle friends that call me a 'junkie' for all my medications for my disability?

Dr. Danny Proffitt

In brief: Openly and honestly

Sit down with your "accusing" friends and explain to them what is wrong with you and why you are taking what your take.
Show them the doctor's notes and diagnoses and explain why you have to be on your medications. This is of course if you wish to tell them anything. Until you have this frank and open discussion, though, you may continue to be questioned. Are you on them legitimately? B true!

In brief: Openly and honestly

Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Stacey Jaff
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: Understand yourself

It is most important that you understand any disability you have and how best to treat it.
If medication is the best solution, do you really understand how that medication works to help you? Once you do (and you should) you can be comfortable knowing you are doing the right thing taking care of yourself. Should you choose to explain anything to a friend, you are empowered to do so. Just ask.

In brief: Understand yourself

Dr. Stacey Jaff
Dr. Stacey Jaff
Dr. Andrea Brand
Board Certified, Family Medicine