What can I do with my friends when I have a disability that will not get me too tired?

Dr. Paul Cohen

In brief: Be Present...

Without knowing the nature of your "disability".
..Simply being with friends/family can be relaxing and restorative. Try to avoid extremely physical activities if you easliy tire; go to a movie, or share a meal, or listen to music...Things of that nature.

In brief: Be Present...

Dr. Paul Cohen
Dr. Paul Cohen
Dr. Carol Van der Harst
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: Enjoy

It is great to have friends and good to pursue activities you enjoy.
Depending on your physical limitations you may have to pace yourself or conserve energy in your morning routines to plan for activities with your friends. Start with what you know you can do, add 10-20% , and be realistic about your recovery time. For spinal and neurologic conditions avoid overheating.

In brief: Enjoy

Dr. Carol Van der Harst
Dr. Carol Van der Harst
Dr. Vicken Poochikian