Is it normal to have a blood vessel burst in your arm? I do have heart problems so this worrys me.E

Dr John Landi
Phlebology

In brief: Not normal

It is not normal to have a blood vessel burst anywhere in your body.
However, trauma can cause this and , if you are on blood thinners for your heart problems, you will be more prone for the blood vessels to bleed from minimum forms of trauma. Often times, people on medications such as aspirin, coumadin, (warfarin) Plavix and Heparin will show signs of bleeding under the skin.

In brief: Not normal

Dr John Landi
Dr John Landi
Dr Shadi Abu Halimah
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: Blood thinners

If you have thin skin and taking blood thinners like Coumadin (warfarin) or Plavix then you can bruise easily .
Talk to you doctor about these medications.

In brief: Blood thinners

Dr Shadi Abu Halimah
Dr Shadi Abu Halimah
Dr Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine