I get chest pains frequently, but when I go to the doctor, i'm not in pain. What should I do?

Dr. Eric Toloza
Surgery - Thoracic
In brief: Stress test
Would recommend a stress test, to rule out your heart as the cause of the pain.
If normal, can then see if due to your lungs (pleurisy), your esophagus (acid reflux), your chest muscles, your ribs, or nerves from your upper back getting pinched by a disk hernia or arthritis of your spine.

In brief: Stress test
Dr. Eric Toloza
Dr. Eric Toloza
Dr. David Revere
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Tell your doctor
It is important to tell your doctor the details surrounding your chest pain, regardless of whether you have it at the time or not.
Your doctor will then determine whether more testing, or consultation with a cardiologist, is needed.

In brief: Tell your doctor
Dr. David Revere
Dr. David Revere
Dr. Peter Kurzweil