My heart rate goes up when I start drinking. Is this normal or should I be worried?

Dr. Bradley Radwaner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: May be normal

Most people when drinking alcohol do not have their atttention drawn to their pulse.
If the rise in pulse rate is noticeable to an individual this may indicate an underlying heart condition or even an allergic reaction. If the increased heart rate is bothersome to the person seek medical attention to see if this is the normal rise that many get with alcohol or an indication of a problem.

In brief: May be normal

Dr. Bradley Radwaner
Dr. Bradley Radwaner
Dr. Eric Toloza
Surgery - Thoracic

In brief: Vasodilation?

By drinking, assuming you mean alcohol .
.. Alcohol can cause vasodilation and cause your heart rate to go up ...

In brief: Vasodilation?

Dr. Eric Toloza
Dr. Eric Toloza
Dr. Arnon Rubin