I'm feeling deep leg pain after cardiac bypass surgery. Will this go away and is it normal?

Dr. Eric Toloza
Surgery - Thoracic
In brief: Possibly
Can be related to the bypass surgery, especially if your leg veins were used for the bypass .
.. But if persists or worsens, or if your leg is swollen, should get checked by your cardiologist or cardiac surgeon ...

In brief: Possibly
Dr. Eric Toloza
Dr. Eric Toloza
Dr. Shahin Tavackoli
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: No
Deep leg pain should really not be there after bypass surgery.
However, since different people's pain tolerance is different, I am not sure what you mean by "deep leg pain", some pain is expected for up to a few weeks. If the leg is red or swollen, it is time for your surgeon to see and evaluate it.

In brief: No
Dr. Shahin Tavackoli
Dr. Shahin Tavackoli
Dr. Vicken Poochikian