I just had a heart attack. What can I do to prevent another attack?

Dr. Michael Fenster
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Address risk factors
The first thing to do is control the risk factors that you can: if you smoke, stop.
Control cholesterol, hypertension and diabetes. Exercise or cardiac rehab if you currently don't. Address your diet and weight, if needed. Continue medications prescribed by your physician and follow-up as directed.Also consider adjunctive therapies that can help reduce stress levels, whatever tthose may be for you.

In brief: Address risk factors
Dr. Michael Fenster
Dr. Michael Fenster
Dr. Eric Toloza
Surgery - Thoracic
In brief: Many
Eat better (lower fat and salt), exercise (aerobic), avoid stress, lose weight, etc.

In brief: Many
Dr. Eric Toloza
Dr. Eric Toloza