How does Marfan syndrome affect the heart?

Enlarges aortic root. Patients with marfan syndrome have tendency to develop aortic wall enlargemnt causing mainly aortic root aneurysms.This can lead to aortic valve insufficency and also aortic dissection which is a tear in the wall of the aorta.
Aorta Dilitation. Marfan's syndrome is a congenital abnormality which can lead to an abnormality in the lining of the aorta or problems with heart valves. The most common abnormality is a dilatation of the ascending aorta which can lead to an aneurysm as well a a backward leak of the aortic valve. An echocardiogram helps make the diagnosis. If the he problem is severe it can be corrected surgically.