I understand that atrial fibrillation is a type of arrhythmia. Is ablation used to treat only afib or other arrhythmia conditions?

It varies. Catheter ablation is available for many different types of arrhythmias - ventricular tachycardia, svt, as well as atrial fibrillation. They are all a bit different in technique as well as risks/success rates.
Multiple conditions. Ablation is used to treat many different cardiac rhythm problems, both in the upper and lower chambers of the heart. It is safe and highly effective. Many patients may be cured of their rhythm problems with ablation.
It's Versatile. Ablation is great for a lot of different kinds of heart rhythms. Tens of thousands of ablations are done every year and the majority to substantial success.
Usually. Ablation can treat atrial fibrillation or atrial flutter, but can also treat other conduction abnormalities, such as wolf-parkinson-white (WPW) syndrome, which involves an abnormal electrical connection between the atria and the ventricles of the heart.
Many dysrhythmias. Ablation is a procedure used to treat many different types of dysrhythmias; atrial fibrillation is only the latest in a long line of dysrhythmias treated successfully by ablation. Ablative therapy has been used to treat supraventicular tachycardias such as av nodal reentrant tachycardia, atrial flutter, wolff-parkinson-white and others. It is also used to treat types of ventricular tachycardias.