How does bystolic (nebivolol) beta-blocker help your blood pressure?

Multifactorial. Beta-blockers are felt to reduce blood pressure by lowering heart rate, and hence reducing the total amount of blood pumped into the circulation per minute (lower heart rate = less pumps per minute). This cardiac output (blood flow into circulation per minute) is a main determinant of blood pressure. Bystolic (nebivolol) also dilates artery walls, via something called nitric oxide, which enhances BP lowering.
Beta-Blocker. Bystolic is the brand name of the drug nebivolol a newer beta blocker used to treat hypertension. The way it lowers blood pressure is not definitively established but probably works by decreasing the heart rate, decreasing slightly the heart's contracting ability, and blocking adrenalin's effect on the heart and arteries leading to arterial dilitation and lower blood pressure.