How does chronic liver disease affect the heart?

Yes. Some with liver disease and cirrhosis develop pulmonary hypertension and right heart failure. If your liver disease is related to alcoholism that will also lead to heart dilation and failure by itself.
Pressure. The liver performs many vital functions including filtering toxins and produicing things like natural anti coagulants. Impairment of these affects the heart along with other organs. When the liver is affected by things like cirrhosis, it can cause abnormal filling pressures within the heart. This, if untreated, can lead to failure of the right side of the heart.