I am 17 years old. I had a block in my coronary artery. Is this common among teens?

Dr. Jerry Routh
In brief: No
It is extremely rare for a teenager to have a blockage in a coronary artery.
Atheroscleosclerosis is the process that usually causes blockage in arteries but only slowly progresses with symptoms beginning in middle age or rarely in some families at a younger age. Congenital abnormalities with aberrant coronary origins or single coronaries can occasionally cause heart problems in teenagers.

In brief: No
Dr. Jerry Routh
Dr. Jerry Routh
Dr. Louis Grenzer
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: No
That is so very rare that i never saw such a case.
There are some very rare problems that could lead to blockage in a coronary artery in one so young such as severe cholesterol problems or premature aging. In some cases a clot can come from somewhere else and travel into the coronary artery blocking it. I would be very interested in knowing exactly what was the cause of the blockage in your case.

In brief: No
Dr. Louis Grenzer
Dr. Louis Grenzer
Dr. Shontae Buffington